Google Translate

Monday, August 23, 2010

In between the weather

Well this weekend was very eventful and I think it sort has me "in-between" the weather a bit. I'm not quite under the weather or above it. I'm hoping it's just allergies and I'll be over it soon.

This weekend was off to a good start. Pato's adorable niece Liz and his sister are in town and we have been spending some good quality time with them. Liz has grown up so fast and it's so amazing to see how she changes what seems almost daily. Liz has been teaching me a bit of baby sign and also responds to both English and Spanish. She is such a brilliant child! I took some photos of her last night at Pato's mom's BBQ, I'll be posting them soon.

On Saturday my hermana and I went to see our good friend Lady Hawk perform in a Drag Queen pageant. She did so well and I was so proud of her.  She spent countless hours, money and energy getting it together and it all came through fabulously. It was great to be in attendance and witness the amazing love and support that their community has for each other. These ladies have not only taught me how to properly walk in high heels,  but they have also showed me that being yourself is more important and stronger than hate will ever be.

P8211679
Lady Hawk and Roxy Williams

Last but not least, our garden finally produced a vegetable. Patrick and I have been telling our friends that if we were to live off our land we would completely die of starvation. We are working on it though and are already putting together a different strategy for next year. So, without further ado here is our first sexy tomato.
We named her Marinara
Our tomato Marinara

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Marcela! Believe it or not, my Señor ate Marinara and didn't tell me. So, we have to wait for another one to come around. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...