Google Translate

Monday, February 14, 2011

Your kind of Love

Feliz Dia de San Valentín amigos! 
My Señor and I celebrate this holiday by going out to breakfast. We love breakfast, and we love each other, so it's actually quite fitting that we celebrate it with a nice plate of huevos rancheros smothered in green chile, it's our kind of love.
So, while indulging in all things love, I ran into this great story at A Cup of Jo Blogspot, 
It's a photo series by Lauren Fleishman of couples who have been married 50 years or more. The stories really warmed my heart, and I had to share them with you. Enjoy. 
Here is a preview: 
 "You don't really think about getting older. First of all, you're aging together and when you see a person constantly you don't notice big changes. You don't notice, Oh, you're are getting a little wrinkle here and tomorrow you say it's a little deeper. Those are things that just happen. You don't pay attention to those things. I mean,  I am not thinking everyday, oh my husband is 83 years old and my goodness I am married to an old man! And I hope he feels that way too." 
Angie Terranona
Staten Island, New York 
December 26, 2008

I wish you all nothing but love, good health and happiness on this day, and everyday.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like an amazing love! Huevos rancheros and green chile.. oh my that is true love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to check these out! That is some awesome love!

    Happy day to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day to you.

    I'm leaving work early for a lunch picnic with my boyfriend.

    Nice photo. They remind me of my maternal abuelitos who love each other so much. They've been married 68 years. Yes, 68. My dad's parents were married 50+ years too, but both have since passed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is soooo beautiful!

    My grandparents were together forever (about 63 years) before my grandfather passed away a few months ago. They would hold hands til the very end and it always warmed my heart.

    Hope you and your beaux have a great one!

    Best,
    Li
    @LaLicenciada

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cindy and Li
    It's amazing how just hearing about two people loving each other for so many years can make me tear up.
    Thanks for the warm wishes chicas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...