Google Translate

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Map It Out

The past couple of week I've been bombarded with study sessions, paper writing, and midterm exam hell. It comes at no surprise that during the middle of all this hustle & bustle that I decided to take on a D.I.Y. (do it yourself) project with my Señor.
In our home we have an obnoxiously blank wall that only holds an old photo that was given to my sister from her ex boyfriend..Weird right? Needless to say, we needed to do something with that wall and pronto. We had thrown around the idea about buying a map and pinning all the places we had been, but we never could figure out a clever way to actually pull it off.  So, we were stoked to have stumbled upon a clever post on Wit & Whistle about creating an easy to do cork board map.
Thanks you to Amanda over at Wit & Whistle for the brilliant idea!
P.S. Check out her super cute Etsy shop and help her add more pins to her map.

Materials:
Metallic silver map
24x36 cork board 
Map tacks
** We did have to cut our map in order for it to fit properly inside the cork board. 

cork board pin map
cork boad pin map
cork board pin map

Red Pins: Where the Señor and I have traveled together
Agua Pins: Where I have traveled
Dark/assorted colors: Where the Señor has traveled (he takes up most of the map)

We had tons of fun doing this project, and even discussed where we would like to add more red pins. I would like to add Iceland, Norway and Sweden brrrrr, and he would like to add Barbados, Belize, and Bolivia ahhhhh.
Eventually, we will add pins to the USA, and buy a special color of pins to mark friends and family located around the world.

Have a great weekend!

Currently listening to:
Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Maps

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cool idea! I'm a freelance clothing designer so all my creativity normally goes into manipulating fabric, but this looks like an awesome project that would look great on the wall!

    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Laura! You have been to so many places! I'm jealous! Thanks for the shout-out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...