Google Translate

Friday, July 15, 2011

Buc...buc.....BUCAWWW!

My apologies for the silly title to this post. I was having a hard time figuring out a name for it. It may have to do with the fact that I just finished my 2nd test in Anatomy II and may be suffering from a bit of a brain fart. 
Anyways, as silly as it is. It's my way of introducing our new possible project.
The Señor and I may are thinking about joining the "urban chicken movement."
Yep, we are considering buying three chickens (I've already named them) and having them lay our breakfast from now on. I love the conversations we have had with our friends regarding this whole adventure as well. For example..
Me: So...we are thinking about getting chickens..
Friend (who will remain anonymous): Wow, that is so fucking Mexican of you guys.
WTH? Oh well, it made us laugh.
This project is still in the "maybe" phase because there is still some concerns regarding chicken ownership that we need to address. Like, how loud are they? How much will it cost to maintain chickens..Will we ever have time from our crazy work/school schedules to even build a damn coop!
Of course we want to be responsible and make sure we have all our "chickens in a row" per say. 
In order to help with this process I've purchased this book..
Raising Chickens for Dummies

Raising Chickens for Dummies. 
I love how this photo was shot backwards, 
 so it makes it look like the book was written in stupid.

The book is really informative, and so fair it's really helping me become comfortable with the possibility of chicken ownership.  Which has me super excited! I'll make sure to keep you guys updated on this process. Currently the Señor is working on major project and I have nothing but test/quizzes/exams scheduled for the next few weeks. Currently, it looks like the  beginning of August may be when we decide to go ahead and go through with the idea or decide not to. If anyone has any advice they would like to share on this matter. Please do in the comment section!

Anyways amigas/os, I hope you all have a great weekend and have great adventures planned! 
For those of you going to see the new Harry Potter, i'm jealous! I can't watch the movies until I have finished all the books. Which will most likely be around the time the DVD comes out. Boo!

Have a great weekend! 

For a funny Anniversary chicken/rooster story..click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...