Google Translate

Friday, August 30, 2013

Nursing School Graduate


Hello BB Readers, 

Wow, it's been a minute since I've been on here and written anything. I remember back at the beginning of nursing school when I scoffed at the director of the nursing program when she said, "We own you for the next year and a half." Well, she was right, and I was propelled into my reality check with course work and study sessions. I also began to neglect this blog. I've really missed coming on here and writing updates. I'm still in a bit of transition at the moment going from school to work life, but I'm hoping I have a little more free time to get on here. 

 I recently completed the nursing program on August 10. I remember being so emotional on the day of my pinning ceremony (graduation). I even overheard a classmate say, "Laura is going to cry, watch." This made me laugh because I do not remember being so emotional before nursing school. It makes me wonder, did nursing school help me break down a wall and let me know that it's okay to share your emotions with patients or others, or was it just the fact that I survived nursing school and was so relieved that I just couldn't hold back the emotions.  I would like to think it was a bit of both. 

It has been an amazing journey of self-discovery and discipline to get to this point. I still remember when I was laid off from my job and feeling so lost. I remember coming to a realization during a long run that I needed to whip myself into gear and work hard to get into nursing school. When I look back, the whole roller coaster ride that was nursing school was worth it. Sure, I cursed the grueling schedule and almost every single exam, but with the help of some great nursing school friends and my amazing supportive husband, I survived. 

Next up: Studying hard and passing the NCLEX examination!! I GOT THIS! 



4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...