Here is what you do:
- Add Pork shoulder and chicken breast cut into cubes into crock pot
- Add a box of low sodium chicken broth (I get mine from Trader Joes)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Salt, pepper, cayenne red pepper, and cumin
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- A tub of Red Chile or 2-14.5 ounce cans (I use Bueno Foods Frozen red chile from NM. keepin it local)
- Set crock pot on high for 5 hours
- After 5 hours add 2 cans of hominy (drained)
- Cook for another hour
- Done! Yummy Posole!
- Don't forget to heat up some flour tortillas to go with this meal.
Also, I've heard you can substitute the meat for tofu, but I haven't tried that yet.
Enjoy! Buen Provecho!