Google Translate

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012!

Hello 2012!
I'm already stoked on you!
It all started with my wise decision to not indulge in too much champagne last night. I woke up rested and ready to enjoy the day. I was able to send off a few Happy New Year emails and squeeze in a run at my favorite trail. The trail was a bit muddy, icy, and snow packed, but that is what made it fun. Even though the trail was a bit treacherous, it was beautiful and sunny out. I didn't clock how far I went or track my pace. I just ran at a pace that felt good and even took a moment to enjoy the beautiful view.

2011 was a an exciting year,  and it was super hard to bid farewell to it, but 2012 is going to be even more promising. I feel that 2011 was a year of learning for me. I went into it with a positive outlook, but was not so sure of myself. I remember being uncertain at the challenging semester ahead and feeling a bit lost.
It seems that sometimes when I find that life becomes a bit challenging I am quick to doubt myself. I'm not sure why this is. It could be because it feels like the easier thing to do. I start making excuses and have them ready to launch as soon as I fail. Crazy right? This is where 2011 really kicked me in the ass.  I remember telling myself after a super cry session after a challenging microbiology test that I was tired of being down on myself.  Even though it seemed like the negative default was the easier path to go on. It was actually the more exhausting and annoying. From that point on, I made sure to rock out the positive way of thinking and being. Meaning, I wasn't just going to talk positive, I was going to be positive. Of course, It wasn't the easiest way of thinking to switch to, but when it started working for me in a good way. I really started to make it a point to start thinking positively.
This seriously changed my life.
I stopped cutting myself short from the start and challenging myself more. This attitude I feel propelled me to get into nursing school. I hope to approach challenges in 2012 with an attitude that I can do it, rather than not. Keep my focus on the things that work with me and not against me. All because it is far too exhausting and annoying to do the opposite.
Welcome to 2012 amigos!
from my New Year run in the foothills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...