Google Translate

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Domestically Disabled Post-Mexican Chocolate Cake

Hi, my name is Laura and I'm domestically disabled..

But in 2010 I'm working on switching that around.

So, every other week or weekend I will attempt to either bake or cook some sort of dish. I'm not trying to be the next Julia Child or trying to master the art of shitty fancy food. I'm just trying to make a dish that is edible. We all know that eating out can be expensive, so I figured it was time I gave myself a lesson in making some food.

First up:
Mexican Chocolate Cake

Pato asks: "What makes it Mexican?" 
I say: "Well, me of course!"
But actually, what makes it Mexican is the cinnamon and a bit of cayenne pepper that is added. However, I just used cinnamon for this round. I tend to go a little loca on the spicy front and figured I better leave it out this time.

The recipe is very simple and can be made in about an hour.
Here it is: *Make sure you adjust ingredients for altitude when baking this cake click here.  

 

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used dark chocolate cocoa powder)
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup margarine, softened
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sour milk or orange Juice
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 12x18 inch pan.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the margarine, oil, water, sour milk, eggs and vanilla, mix until smooth. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
  4.  
  5.  
  6. Click here for the vegan option of this recipe.
  7.  
  8.   
  9. Orale!! Here it is!
  10.  



Smiles say "Hey, I can eat this"

Thanks to Pato, Sassy and my family for eating the cake and having seconds!

Next domestically disabled challenge: Hamburger cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...