Google Translate

Monday, July 26, 2010

Raindrops keep falling on my head


Raindrops keep falling on my head and I love it!! 
Living in the desert you have those days where you just want it to rain!! It's been raining pretty much all weekend and it has felt and smelled amazing. It also does wonders for helping you reach that relaxing deep sleep mode.
But do you want to know one of  the most amazing things about the rain this weekend?
It was running in it!
I started my run to a cool breeze, by my second mile it was drizzling, and by my fourth mile I was soaked! The feeling was so amazing and I wasn't the only one enjoying it in my neighborhood. There were several other rain runners too! I guess we were all taking advantage of the cool weather while running. Running in desert heat can really be difficult sometimes.
running in the rain ... Pictures, Images and Photos

This week I began training for two races.
The first one will be the Run for the Hills 14th annual run benefiting the Multiple Sclerosis Society. 
I've always wanted to do this run and this is the year I'm going to do it! It's a 10K run through the foothills and it should be pretty challenging. 
The second run is the Duke City Marathon benefiting the New Mexico Cancer Center.
I plan to do my FIRST half-marathon on this day and I plan to run in memory of friends and family who have lost someone to cancer and in support of anyone who is currently supporting someone or suffering from cancer.  I will make a donation to the cancer society as well as run with a list of names in honor of those who have lost someone, currently suffering or supporting someone with cancer. You guys are truly my heroes and I'm doing this in your honor! 
Please let me know if I can take you with me on my run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...