Google Translate

Monday, November 19, 2012

Turkanza 2012

TURKANZA!!

This past weekend, we celebrated our 5th annual Turkanza. Even thought this party can be a lot of work, it was so worth it. Over the past few years Turkanza has developed into a really awesome pot-luck style party in which our friends and family contribute some amazing dishes. Even though the celebration is mostly focused on the turkeys that we cook in the ground, we had a bit of a vegan/vegetarian twist this year. My favorite dish was the vegan tamales that my friend Cassy and her mom made.  You can check out her vegan tamales recipe at Healthy with Sass.  I added some fresh pico de gallo to the tamales and they were perfecto!


It was a great celebration with our lovely friends and family! Turkanza was definitely a nice break before I go into "studying hibernation." This blog post is my last attempt in avoiding the huge mounds of material I have to learn.

Running update:
I know in my previous post I mentioned I wasn't planning on running a Thanksgiving 5k. However, I signed up for the Hobbler Gobbler race with a friend from nursing school. She actually signed up for the 10k like a boss. I was throwing around the idea of running the 10k, but I wanted to see if I could improve on my 5k time from the Pumpkin Chase run.
Earlier this week I went on a run with my nursing school buddy after class, and she actually pushed me to run 8 miles. I was really hesitant at first, but It was great weather and I felt good. I guess it helps that NM nature/weather gives me a major runners high. I was only planning on doing 4-6 miles, but I ended up running eight and feeling great!!

I plan on doing short recap on my Turkey run and Thanksgiving, but afterwards I'm disconnecting myself till the end of the semester.

I hope you all are doing well and have some fun plans for the Thanksgiving holiday!
Happy Turkanza and Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...