Google Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Domestically Disabled Post: Energy Bites

With all the extra time I have from not studying I've decided to take on a few recipes from my friend Cassy's blog over at healthywithsass.blogspot.com. She has already put up some amazing easy to do recipes that are perfect for the upcoming holiday season.
My favorite recipe from her blog so far has been the energy bites. I like to call them peanut buttah bawls in my best New Jersey accent.  Anyways, I made these bite size balls of yumminess this week and they are so good! Just like Cassy I tend to skip meals or I forget to eat snacks in-between meals and  I find myself famished before lunch or dinner. This usually leads to really unhealthy meal choices. Anyways, I went and picked up some ingredients from Sprouts, and in less than 30 minutes I had an amazing snack! 
Here is the recipe from Cassy's blog)

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls
Here's what's in them:
2 1/2 cups of quick oats
3 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter
1/4 cup of honey or agave (vegan)
1/2 cup of cacao nibs (I used Enjoy Life mini-chips which are soy, dairy and nut free)
2 tablespoons of almond milk (You can add a little more if you feel your mixture is too dry) 
Here's how to make them:
Dump all the ingredients into a large bowl, mix together, this is a VERY sticky situation. I coated my spatula with coconut oil so that I didn't end up with a giant glob of mostly unmixed ingredients. Once it's all mixed up form into balls of any size you like, mine were ping pong sized. Put on a non stick pan or a plate and refrigerate for at least 15 min before you eat them.
I made about 15 balls from this recipe. You can also use whatever kind of liquid or nut butter you want as well. The mix in possibilities are endless. Which makes it even more awesome. 

Easy peasy!! It's the perfect snack and it's Señor approved. He seriously ate half a batch in one day. 

Try it out and let Cassy and I know how you liked it or how you changed it up. 
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...