Google Translate

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Running Shoe Retirement

It's official.  My Nike Lunarswifts+ have taken their last run and I am a bit sad about retiring them.
 These shoes were the ones I bought to carry me to my half marathon goal back in September. I bought them on clearance and I love how awesomely obnoxious the color was. I was in love and ready to tackle my goal of 13.1 miles in them.
These shoes were with me through some real highs and some real lows. I ran ten miles in these shoes (The longest I had run thus far) the day I got laid off from my job. These shoes with their bright colors were with me when I decided not to let go of my goal and fun my first 1/2 marathon in October (recap here) .  I will never forget the feeling and excitement I felt when I crossed the finish line in 1:47. 22.  These shoes powered with me through my self doubts on my runs and they were with me when I finally broke through my dark cloud.
I will always love these shoes and have enjoyed the journey I have taken with them.
Anyone else out there ever feel this way about a pair of shoes?
C'est la vie! Thanks for the good times and the good 1/2 marathon time.
Shoes

To end this post on a high note! I would like to introduce you to the new Bandida running shoes.
Nike Pegasus 27+

Let's see where we go together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...