Google Translate

Monday, September 27, 2010

Run for the Hills!!

Hey guys!
So, I'm not going to lie, last week really sucked. I had a hard time adjusting to my new routine and I was being really hard on myself.
Good news is, I was able to turn it all around after I ran my first competitive 10k run on Sunday.
It is a a beautiful run up in the foothills of the mountains here and it's mostly uphill. It was grueling but I loved it! I found it challenging mentally during a few difficult parts of the race, but I was able to set mini-goals and keep focused. WE did have an amusing part of the race when the course was not marked very well and we were lead off into the wrong direction. This really upset a few of the runners, but I couldn't stop laughing.  So even though there was a few hiccups, it was a good time! I will most likely do the run again next year. I ran the course in 54 minutes which was under my goal of an hour and I got 4th place in my age group and 5th in overall females! I was excited!! I am now looking forward to my first half marathon. This run was a challenge, but it has given me new found confidence in more ways then one.


So after the race, my buddy Steve and I went back to his place and took a sunday cruise in his 56 Chevy. He put a 350 engine in it (a whole lot of power) and it drives like a charm!  I was even more excited when he let me drive the sexy beast!!  It was a nice start to my Sunday and I was happy about just being happy!
Good times rolling up ahead folks! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

run for the hills bib
Run for the Hills (My first 10K)

P5160855
Patrick up in the foothills with me
This was my view while running, beautiful huh?

56 Chevy
Steve's 56 Chevy


1 comment:

  1. You my dear are a GREAT runner! 4th and 5th is fabulous! Congrats 1000x's to you!!!!

    Any tips on increasing my speed...???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...