Google Translate

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Domestically Disabled Post: Asian Steak Recipe

I can not believe I have another Domestically Disabled Post back up on the blog so soon.
This Asian steak recipe is very easy to make and taste amazing. I made it for my future Suegra (mother-inlaw) for her birthday. Ballsy right? I was praying it would come out okay and she wouldn't revoke the blessing she gave me to marry her son.  Well, it came out great, and she loved it! The Señor was a fan of it too, so it was a double plus. Toot, toot! <--That's me tootin my own horn.

I got the Asian steak recipe off Pinterest which directed me to this website: Savorysweetlife.com
I changed up the recipe a little bit because I don't have sherry in my kitchen, and I wasn't going to pay 10 bucks for sesame seed oil. The recipe called for two flat iron steaks. I couldn't really find this anywhere, and so I had to do an emergency Google search in the meat aisle. I was having a hard time finding the flat iron steak the recipe called for, but  Google let me know that Fat Iron Steak is actually sometimes called London Broil. Which was on sale, score! I grabbed the big hunk of meat, a thingy of ginger, and was on my way to cooking a birthday dinner.

 You can get the original recipe by clicking the link near the top of this post, but here is the recipe with my adjustments:


Ingredients
  • 1 cup Soy Sauce
  • 1/4 cup Honey
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil (I used red pepper olive oil)
  • 2 Tablespoons (heaping) Minced Ginger
  • 2 Tablespoons (3-5 cloves) Minced Garlic
  • 2 teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
  • 1 London Broil
  • Garnish: 2 Tablespoons Roasted Sesame Seeds and 2 Green Onions, slivered.
Instructions
  1. Gather all ingredients together – soy sauce, honey,  olive oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and London Broil.
  2. Whisk the ingredients in a bowl. Place the steaks and marinade in a ziplock bag and chill in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours.Grill steaks on high heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare steaks. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds and green onion slivers on top to garnish.

Easy peezy amigos! Try it out and let me know how it taste! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...