Google Translate

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Runny Mind

My mind has been running in all sorts of directions lately.
It seems so easy to become overcome with daily life that you feel it starts to pile up on you too quickly. I've always looked a women who went to school, kept a full time job and took care of three kids with complete awe. It's definitely not a situation I could really handle myself, but talking to these hard working mothers has definitely taught me to keep my complaining in check.

Lately, planning a wedding, school and keeping our home together seems to be the main things filling up my mind. It's a lot in itself, but I feel blessed that the things that are keeping me busy have nothing negative connected to it. It's easy to let the things that overwhelm you over take you. I've noticed when I've allowed this to happen to me the good things can quickly become negative. I don't know why, but an episode of Bridezillas just flashed in my head. You get my point though right? Anyways, I have to admit, one of the main things that has helped me clear my head and keep my negative thinking in check is running.

 When I lost my job back in 2010 I was devastated and even felt a bit lost.  I didn't have an answer for what I was going to do next and I beat myself up about it. During this time I was in the middle of training for my first half marathon and I wasn't going to give up on my goal because I lost my job. For the first couple of weeks It felt like my days consisted of running and crying, but I remember the moment it started to get better. I was doing my favorite run in the foothills of Albuquerque, this run is brutal because it starts off with the first mile going up hill. In the past I've always made it to the top and immediately went to the downhill to catch my breath as soon as I could. However, this time I stopped and turned to the west and admired the amazing panoramic view I had. At this moment, I remembered how blessed I really was. I was given the time to really think about what I wanted to do with my future, and I was done feeling sorry for myself. I went home from my run feeling energized and ready to sign up for a crazy semester of science classes that I needed to get into nursing school.  Running has been amazing at helping me think something through, or just let go of something negative. It's even been there for me after completing a heinously stressful test. I guess to put it simply, running is cheaper than therapy, and it feels good to have something to clear up my runny mind.
Happy Running Amigos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...