Google Translate

Friday, October 1, 2010

12 miles

My longest run on record yet!
12 Miles
It felt good and I kept under an 8 minute mile pace.
I'm ready for my half and i'm psyched that it's almost time to show what these legs can to do!!


Here are a couple of my favorite ads that Nike put out! 
The brand is a brand but the message is very strong and I can appreciate that! 

My shoulders aren't dainty
Or proportional to my hips
Some say they are like a man's
I say. leave men out of it
They are mine
I made them
In a swimming pool
Then I went to Yoga
and made my arms
Just do it. 


I HAVE THUNDER THIGHS
and that's a compliment
because they are strong
and toned
and muscular
and though they are unwelcome in the petite section
they are cheered on in marathons
fifty years from now
I'll bounce a grandchild on my thunder things
and then i'll go out for a run
Just do it!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love my thunder thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 12 miles! AMAZING. You deserve a "woot woot" for realz. My running is more like jogging [with a silent J] because... well, I haven't been able to sustain a run for that long.

    I love those Nike ads!!! Yezzuuur, Thuder Thighs!


    BTW, I follow your blog, bc it rocks. Feel free to pass by mine when you have a chance ;)

    Best,
    Li
    @LaLicenciada
    @HerDeepThoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thunder thighs is definitely one of my favorites!!!! And yes...I have thunder thighs!

    12 miles! I am so impressed by your time! I am definitely a slow runner! Very very impressed! You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thunder thighs is something I've always had and loved! I don't think I would have it any other way! Thanks chicas for sharing the positive body image love!! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...