Google Translate

Monday, November 22, 2010

Turkanza 2010

My Señor and I have a fun tradition that we usually plan on having every year the week before thanksgiving. It's called..
The Turkanza
It's like a Matanza which usually involves cooking a pig in the ground. Ours is the same thing but instead of a pig, we cooked a turkey. Hence, the name Turkanza!
This year we had a good group of friends attend and it it turned into a sort of pot luck Turkanza. It was fun having everyone contribute and we had a good time stuffing our faces and hanging with good amigos!
Thanks to all our friends and family who attended! We can't wait till next year!






3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Looks fun!!! Please include me in the invite next year ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this looks so good. I'm used to seeing my dad cook a pig in the ground or pit but never a turkey...I'm going to tell him about this...and I bet it doesnt take nearly as long as cooking a pig.

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't take long at all and it taste awesome! Let me know if your dad has any questions! Turkanza's are a lot of fun and a different twist on the traditional way of doing things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...